‘The burden of the self is lightened when I laugh at myself’ – Rabindranath Tagore
Today, as many of us across the globe celebrate Rabindra Jayanti, we at MHF Kolkata, bring some inspirational quotes of the great bard. For, he was a man who is a living example of how one can overcome any and every challenge in life, be it harsh pangs of death, pain of betrayal, loss of love or even hurt from a selfish society. Tagore portrayed these real-life challenges through his incredible poetry, songs and drama. Be it deaths of his daughters, grandson, wife, sister-in-law, or a new birth, a new leaf, a new bud… every element of existence has been reflected in his spiritual understanding. Here are a few quotes. Have a blessed day:
- Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers
but to be fearless when facing them.
- I leave no trace of wings in the air,
but I am glad I have had my flight.
- Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom
- Don’t limit a child to your own learning,
for he was born in another time.
- Clouds come floating into my life,
no longer to carry rain or usher storm,
but to add color to my sunset sky.
- Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time… like dew on the tip of a leaf.
- You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
- Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it.
- The water in a vessel is sparkling;
the water in the sea is dark.
The small truth has words which are clear;
the great truth has great silence.
- Life is given to us, we earn it by giving it.
- Death [Nirvana] is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp
because the dawn has come.
- I have become my own version of an optimist.
If I can’t make it through one door,
I’ll go through another door – or I’ll make a door.
Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.