MHF Kolkata is organizing a training in ‘Narrative Therapy and Narrative Practices’ in partnership with Ummeed, Mumbai. Contact MHF for registration. Details below.
Mental Health Foundation, Kolkata is a service led organization, comprising of multi-disciplinary mental health professionals. It connects Mental Health with Education and Social Care. MHF has been at the forefront for several years, organizing training workshops and conferences in Kolkata for groups of professionals, care givers and parents. As an organization, we are committed to building capacity at various levels and have successfully organized and led programs for professionals, families, parents, individuals or various social agencies providing social care and education.
Ummeed, Mumbai (www.ummeed.org), has been intimately involved in training in the specific area of Narrative Practices for many years. They are affiliated to and trained by Narrative Therapy, Adelaide and are successfully running a one-year course based in Mumbai for the last several years.
MHF Kolkata welcomes interested persons to avail of this opportunity to meet and interact with Narrative Therapy Concepts and Processes. Paediatricians, Psychiatrists, Counsellors, Speech Therapists, Special Educators, Physical Therapists and Teachers are welcome to join.
The focus of the program is to explore ideas and practices of ‘Narrative Approach’ to working with individuals, families, groups and communities. The workshop will be interactive, collaborative, encouraging, rigorous, enjoyable and practice based.
Two Block Short Term Training in Narrative Practices
After a very rewarding Batch 1 in 2017,we are excited to announce a new Batch of Training in Narrative Practices in Kolkata. Mental Health Foundation (www.mhfkolkata.com. com) is hosting the training and the faculty is from Ummeed Mumbai (ummeed.org), their affiliation being with Narrative Therapy Adelaide (https://reauthoringteaching.com/about/what-is-narrative-therapy/michael-white-overview/narrative-practices-adelaide/)
The following are the key words and digits to keep in mind:
Block 1 – July 16 to July 21, 2018
Block 2 – November 13 to November 16, 2018
Supervision meetings twice a month, in groups, 2 hours session in between blocks of which 80% attendance is mandatory for quality of training.
Venue : Mental Health Foundation. 6, Andul Raj Road. Kolkata -26
Optimum number of participants: 20 . First come first basis
The course program includes:
- Understanding and exploring the narrative metaphor and guiding principles of narrative therapy.
- Skill development of the micro- maps of narrative practice, specifically externalising, reauthoring, remembering and outsider witness practices as described by Michael White and related to work in a variety of contexts and settings.
- Collaborative learning and practice.
- A supportive teaching environment enhanced by regular peer meetings with a focus on practice and supporting each other’s learning between the two teaching blocks.
- Pedagogy will include lectures (that share key ideas that underpin the approach, it’s history and theoretical understandings), demonstrations (live or video), and practice with each other.
For registration, fees and other information please contact:
Course coordinator – Priyanka Bhoopal – 9903047474
Email – email@example.com
Date: 16th July – 21st July 2018
Prior confirmation of registration is required as the group is deliberately going to be kept small. Mail us a filled-in form and the registration will be considered confirmed once the fees are paid.